Will update this more later today….I am falling behind once again 😦 However, if interested you can read the blog post for this day on Melissa Taylor’s blog
Day 38 was actually on Tuesday, July 5, 2011.
Today’s assignment was to answer questions 1 & 2:
1. Have you ever resisted forgiving someone who hurt or disappointed you? Do you currently harbor a lack of forgiveness in your heart against someone?
- To the first part of the question….yes, I always have trouble forgiving people, it’s the “Pride – the right to be right” as Wendy says on Page 86. I feel justified because I have been hurt and I want the other person to know how deeply they hurt me even if it was a small offense. This is where I need work ~ I need Jesus to work on me in this area!!!!
- To the second part of the question….I know I do harbor a lack of forgiveness in my heart against someone – I can feel it physically. The problem I have is who? I am sure it’s more than one person ~ I fear the biggest one though is myself!
2. For the person(s) listed in question 1, why is forgiveness difficult (e.g. you feel you always give in, this person has not taken responsibility for his/her actions, this person has not asked for forgiveness, this person will get off easily, this person repeatedly hurts you and/or others):
- hmmm, hard question. But basically for each of the individuals I know I need to forgive it boils down to I feel that this person(s) repeatedly hurts me and/or other; this person(s) has not taken responsibility for their actions and I feel like I am always giving in to keep the peace.