I sure haven’t been keeping up with my posts for this study. Too much going on and too little time during the day. You can find out more about the study at Melissa Taylor’s blog.
Today was to answer questions 1-3 for Chapter 8.
- In what areas do you tend to compare yourself with others and feel like you dont’ measure up? What did you read in this chapter that can help you break free from the comparison trap?
- I compare myself in my roles as a wife, mother and homekeeper. Also in my physical appearance and talents.
- One of the things I found interesting was that the trap leads to constant burnout – I suffer from burnout so much and never realized why. Also page 137 ~ 1 Corinthians 12:18-20 and page 139 “god deliberately gave you the personality He wanted you to have so He could impact certain people through your life.” So who am I to tell God He is wrong.
- What personality type describes you best? Is there a second personality type that is also strong? Are you content with the personality God gave you? If not, what do you wish was different about yourself?
- My main personality is Phlegmatic: Peace and my second is Melancholy: Perfection. However I believe my personality type is from my life events and the need to feel safe. At different times in my life I have had other traits from the other types.
- The only thing I wish was different about my personality is I wish I could interact and be comfortable with more people – especially in social situations.
- “Just as a target is designed to narrow the aim of an arrow, God uses the desires of our hearts to narrow the focus of where He wants our lives to make a mark for eternity” (page 144). Do you believe God created you with unique desires and dreams? If you know what they are, list them.
- I don’t believe that my dreams are unique. Many people have the same desires and dreams. But yes I believe they are from God.
- I sadly have had my desires and dreams fade away over my lifetime and I am not sure now what my desires and dreams are. I have many interest but not sure if those are areas God want me to focus on.