A dear friend posted the above statement yesterday. It got me to thinking. Three little words, how powerful they can be when we trust in Jesus.
As many of you know, I attended She Speaks Conference last week. Let me give you a short version of the weekend:
- Day One ~ I was encouraged and excited. I knew there was a purpose for me attending!
- Day Two ~ By the time I crawled into bed I had a heavy heart and many tears, with thoughts racing through my mind…
- Thinking “Is this where God wants me?”
- “Is this His plan or mine?”
- “I am not as talented at writing as all these other women!”
- Day Three ~ I woke up praying the LORD would show me a path. Trusting He would show up in a huge way. I wasn’t disappointed. Whitney Capp’s talk was exactly what I needed. Through out her talk, I kept hearing: OBEDIENCE!
Returning home I had an overwhelming spirit of exhaustion. I couldn’t get my thoughts to slow down long enough to journal. I was stuck, feeling unworthy to have attended She Speaks!
Then my friend’s post: Do the Work! I realized my feelings of confusion and exhaustion were tied to the fact I wasn’t sure if I was up to doing the work required. Often when we see all the details of a project before us, we get overwhelmed and discouraged, we allow the enemy to wear us down before we even get started.
Today I want to encourage you to be obedient to Jesus and just do the work. Rely on Him and His Word:
Be firm and steadfast; go to work without fear or discouragement, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or abandon you before you have completed all the work for the service of the house of the LORD. ~1 Chronicles 28:20
What stops you from doing the work? Will this verse help you complete the work God is calling you to do? Leave me a comment and share your thoughts.